If you make iOS app icons, you’ll want a quick way to view them on your iPhone or other device. This is an easy method:
- Export your iOS icon as a 114×114 PNG with the file name “apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png”.
- Make a new web page on any site you have access to and write the HTML like so:
<link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” href=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png”>
- Upload your PNG file to the same directory and load the page in Safari on your iOS device.
- Tap the actions button and hit “Add to Home Screen.” Ignore the bookmark name and hit “Add.”
- Check out the icon on your home screen.
Any time you want to preview a new icon, just export it as a 114×114 PNG with the file name “apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png” and upload it to the same place.
If you want to see how your icon looks with the iOS gloss effect applied, you can leave off “-precomposed” in the file name and in the HTML.